Concealed Carry

Go down

Concealed Carry

Post by Styrak on Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:55 am

Obviously it's not legal in Canada. However, my question/topic of discussion is "Would you (Or have you!) ever concealed carry in Canada in certain situations where you felt your/someone else's safety was in question (talking about a serious issue, not just "oh some thugs might jump me in a bad part of town", etc)?

Styrak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Concealed Carry

Post by youonlywish on Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:22 am

Obviously nobody who participates in this forum will have willingly broken the law.

I've had a kubaton on me in Thunder Bay - as a part of my keychain, in plain sight.

Unfortunately - we have to follow the rules. The good part I guess is that rules can be changed.

youonlywish
Admin

View user profile http://www.civiliansheepdog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson on Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:59 pm

I carry a knife all the time, but it's a tool. It'd have to be some totally serious meltdown shit for me to ever pull it out as a weapon, and that is literally the farthest thing from my mind when I'm going about my daily business.

If it was legal to do so, I would carry a handgun. Since it isn't, I just grumble and bitch and whine about the system instead. There may come a time when I feel that my personal liberties and my own survival are more important than some edict passed by a pack of try-hard douchebags in Ottawa, it's only purpose meant to appease the sheeple, but there would have to be some kind of legitimate threat for me to feel the need. For now I am comfortable playing by the rules.

Mind you, if I plan to step off the beaten path... I do so well armed and provisioned.

Staff

View user profile http://www.emergencymanagementontario.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by legalstalker on Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:45 pm

Hey, this is a hard topic to really get into, as no one would truly admit to illegaly doing a concealed carry, especialy being in a public forum.
There are though many people who do, and it would surprise you who and how many that is for sure. I have encountered many, some I disagree with and some such as a disable CF vet who is too vulnerable that he cant physicaly protect himself anymore without it.
But one should have proper training on use and how and when you can approach even thinking of using it.
Just know, that regardless of the reason for using it to defend yourself or others against death or grevious bodily harm, you will be charged by the police and you will go to jail and have to go to trial, and if your reason is justifiable you will recieve your aquittle, but keep in mind the personal cost you will pay as well as finacial one in order to be vindicated.
Unlike the US, where the police can make a call on a justifiable homicide, the police here will always hand the matter over to the courts.

legalstalker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum