civiliansheepdog.com - forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your latest purchase - gear, guns, tools.

+2
legalstalker
youonlywish
6 posters

Go down

Your latest purchase - gear, guns, tools. Empty Your latest purchase - gear, guns, tools.

Post by youonlywish Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:40 am

Might as well get this going - post your latest purchase here.

Why not in off topic?

It's one of (as I see it) the main tenants of being a sheepdog, the philosophy of tools.

I'll post later this afternoon.
youonlywish
youonlywish
Admin

http://www.civiliansheepdog.com

Back to top Go down

Your latest purchase - gear, guns, tools. Empty Re: Your latest purchase - gear, guns, tools.

Post by legalstalker Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:59 am

Last purchase:
Extra coman propane canasteres, try to pick them up on sale. Walmart I found cheap 2 packs for just over 3 bugs. During use while camping on the past weekend, they worked alright, worked best in my lantern, performed decent with the colman stove, though they did freeze up realy bad on the outside compared to the colman brand. They were absolute crap when it came to the small BBQ, did not provide enough propane to get the flames up to high, burned on low the whole time, forcing me to switch to a colman cyliinder.
So for futer, I will stoke those for the latern and back up for stove, but colman remains best.
Thats my lates equipment purchase on that side.
For guns, just got a glock 17, M&P 9, 40, sig 226 (norinco copy, and gsg 1911 (.22). For the most part, these are simply just for fun and training, but not being paranoid, I do like to stick with proven cheap reliable guns, and I like to stick to readely available ammo, so sticking with 9mm and 40 s&w.

Next purchases im looking at, is of course an 870 tactical, an enfield 303 for hunding if needed.
Also looking into replacing my bug out packs, was just checking them and found that we had a couple of mice get at them and wreck them, frustraiting but i did catch them lol.
Also, need to look into a new survival knife, i Have others, lost my favorite one in the move (cant seem to find it), but thinking of something new, I seen the new gerber survival and was intrigued for sure. Also need to send the leatherman in for warenty work, they last great, hopefuly they treat me well with the warenty side.

legalstalker

Back to top Go down

Your latest purchase - gear, guns, tools. Empty Re: Your latest purchase - gear, guns, tools.

Post by YGF Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:01 pm

just got a new 12.5" barrell for the 870 to start changing it up a little biut

YGF

Back to top Go down

Post by youonlywish Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:04 pm

Just got some new gloves - just the house brand in Home Depot - but I don't need anything more than that for a utility glove.

Looking for an axe.
youonlywish
youonlywish
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by slushee Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:58 pm

Just got 2 days of rations set aside at home for my 72 hour home kit. Also photocopied all my important documents for my BOB. Looking to finish up w another 24 hours of food next week. Got an old truck shotgun project that I'd like to finish so ill be krylon painting it up hopefully in 2 weeks. Need to buy a replacement recoil pad first tho.

slushee

Back to top Go down

Post by ray666 Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Just picked up a S&W M&P9. First pistol I bought. Very excited and can't wait for it to come.

ray666

Back to top Go down

Post by youonlywish Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:41 pm

Bought an axe - review inbound.
youonlywish
youonlywish
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by legalstalker Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:51 pm

Anyone try that new gerber survival knife yet, comes with everything even a flint stone, looks interesting.

legalstalker

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:36 am

I've been going through my various kit and trying to identify weak points. I've purchased a few items to "fill the holes," here's what I've picked up in the past week or so:

- AA Batteries; I try my best to hoard these like I do ammunition, but I always forget to restock... so I took care of that.

- First Aid Kit Materials; I'm bad for not restocking my first aid kits. This is mostly due to me knowing how to fix most things without the stuff you'd find in them, but it's always easier and cleaner to do it with the proper kit. I've added a bunch of the following to my home kit and my mobile kits:
-- Antiseptic Towelettes
-- Alcohol Cleansing Pads
-- Insect Sting Relief Swabs
-- Adhesive Bandages
-- Knluckle Bandages
-- Fingertip Bandages
-- Adhesive Patch Bandages
-- Gauze Dressings, in 2x2" and 4x4" sizes
-- Medical Tape Rolls
-- Triangle Bandages

- Two Silvia compasses to replace an older military lensatic that I broke.

- Green Tarps in various sizes (Canadian Tire had them on sale)

- Nylon Rope in 1/4" and 1/2" thicknesses in spools of 50 and 100 feet.

- Waterproof Matches; I didn't have ANY in my possession, mostly because I start all of my camp fires with a striker exclusively. Redundancy is life insurance, so I bought a few packs.

- Fire Starters (the little wooden looking ones); I usually don't have too much trouble starting a fire in the damp, but sometimes I lack the patience to do it traditionally.

- X-Lite Waterproof Lighter; This is also in line with the fire starters and waterproof - I don't want to have to dick around with a striker all the time.
Wilson
Wilson
Staff

http://www.emergencymanagementontario.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down